Congress favors Wall Street over the middle class and Main Street Ohioans. The rich keep getting richer while Ohio workers are working longer hours just to make ends meet. Ohio workers deserve a fighter in Washington – Martin will fight for workers!
• Martin will fight to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, ensure pay equity for women, restore overtime protections and prevailing wages, and fight for tax policies to make corporations pay their fair share and give the middle-class a tax cut.
• Martin will fight for unions, pass the PRO Act, lower taxes on Ohio small businesses, oppose unfair trade agreements, and revitalize Ohio’s manufacturing industry to succeed in the 21st-century economy.
Public Education is the bedrock for ensuring every Ohioan can succeed in our 21st century economy.
- Martin will increase public school budgets and teacher pay, invest in universal pre-K, and ensure every Ohio child gets a high-quality public education.
- Martin will fight to fix the college affordability crisis, expand access to apprenticeships and technical job training, and vote for two years of tuition-free community college.
Health care is a fundamental human right. Getting sick shouldn’t bankrupt families.
- Martin will fight for our seniors and all Ohioans by lowering the cost of prescription drugs, expand Medicare by lowering eligibility age, and create a pathway to Medicare for all Ohioans.
- Martin will tackle the opioid epidemic and legalize marijuana.
Protecting our Great Lakes and building a clean-energy economy is vital to Ohio’s economic future.
• Martin understands the importance Lake Erie plays to Lorain and Ohio’s economy and will ensure we continue to invest in lake restoration efforts, solar, wind and nuclear energy.
• Martin believes we can fight to lower gas prices and make Ohio a manufacturing leader in building solar panels, and the electric vehicles needed to power the energy economy of the future.